Follow Me

Friday, September 14, 2012

Kindergarten Common Core

I have to tell you about this great resource that I learned about from Laura over at Kinder Kraziness. Its called The Kindergarten Common Core Workbook. It covers both English and Math standards. It has both worksheets and activities for you to use with your kindergarten students. The book contains over 600 pages of activities and worksheets! What an amazing resource to supplement your students' learning!

Even though I teach in Ontario (and we do not formally have the Common Core Standards) many of the Ontario Curriculum expectations link perfectly with the Common Core. I can not wait to get my hands on this amazing resource. I am constantly searching for activities for my students that have purposeful practice opportunities and I think that this resource will provide them. I am already planning to use one of the activities this week during my small group instruction. I think that my students will love these activities.

If you are a blogger, and you act fast you can grab a copy of this awesome resource here by following the instructions provided. I hope that you will enjoy this amazing resource! I know that I will!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your awesome blog post! Teachers, check out the Kindergarten Common Core Activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that many of the common core expectations are similar to the Ontario Curriculum too! I found your blog via Madly Learning. I am hosting a Blog by Province Linky Party for Canadian bloggers. Please consider linking up
    http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2013/03/blog-by-province.html. While you are there you can grab your province button and link back to the party! Hope you will come and join in!

    ReplyDelete