Follow Me

Sunday, July 8, 2012

My very first post!

Welcome to my very first post on my brand new blog! I have been trolling teaching blogs for quite awhile now and I finally decided that I would start my own. There are so many fantastic blogs out there, there simply isn't enough time in the day to read them all. Throughout my constant perusal of blogs and my other addiction- pinterest, I noticed that there seemed to be a lack of Canadian teacher bloggers. So I figured I would toss my hat in the ring and see what happens.

This marks my ninth year of teaching, and what an exciting year it will be! I'm switching schools and grades this year. I'm really hoping to document this transition through my brand new blogging adventure! I spent the last three years teaching Kindergarten, which I absolutely adored! I was very sad to leave my kinders but I was also excited to return to a fabulous school where I had taught previously, which also happens to be a very short commute from my home! Hooray for using less gas!

So I have a very busy summer ahead of me - planning for my new class and preparing my new classroom! Here are some photos of my new room! Photos to come

A total blank slate which is both exciting and frightening at the same time. Through my journey of blog hopping and pinning, I stumbled upon this pin which has basically inspired my new classroom theme.


                                                        Just Another Day in First Grade

My new classroom will be a colour themed room - teal blue, green and white. Although I will admit I saw some really cute owl themed items that I cannot resist adding, but only because they match my colour scheme of course. I have started doing a little bit of shopping for my new colour scheme.


Some purchases from The Dollar Tree (I'm very lucky to live close to the US Border)

Some purchases from Dollarama


So I hope you will follow me in my journey through blogging about my new classroom and my new teaching assignment.

Thanks,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment